JOB DEVELOPMENT CREATIVE CAREERS:
Job Developers assist qualified, motivated job seekers gain successful employment. Each candidate is provided services to prepare them to meet employment needs and prospects. Creative Careers serves you and your successful employment plan!
Through partnerships with employers, Creative Careers match businesses with qualified potential employees. Job Developers provide expertise that helps satisfy employer staffing needs and strengthen businesses with dedicated and loyal employees. Get results, meet business needs and accomplish success!
DEPARTMENT OF REHABILITATION
Creative Careers is an employment resource vendorized by the Department of Rehabilitation to provide job development and placement services for individuals with disabilities. “With guidance and support, individuals with disabilities can be fully integrated and highly productive community members, employees and colleagues.” (Quote: DOR California LinkedIn page)/td>
CANDIDATE BENEFITS -
PRE EMPLOYMENT INTAKE=
• Assessment: create and launch an Individual Plan of Employment (IPE) including accommodation needs • Identify the qualifications and skill sets required for advancement and employment • Further management of services provided
EMPLOYMENT PREPARTIONS N
• Job Readiness Skills: professional resume, cover letter, master application and job search tools • Job Search Techniques: prospective employer research, networking guidance, mock interviewing, attire and presentation, and follow-up practices • Job Readiness Workshops: a weekly meeting connecting candidate and employers • Job Developers work with employers and the community to enhance on-going job search efforts • Candidate specialized training available as needed
EMPLOYMENT ONBOARDING AND RETENTION
• Work-related support and retention skills • On-the-Job Training and job coaching solutions • 90-Day assistance with employment concerns • Job site accommodation assistance
• Meet recruitment requirements – full and part-time • Ease in hiring and obtaining solutions to unique needs • Onboarding and job site accommodation consultations • Grow talent pool • Employment fairs and workshops • Best practices for managing employees •
IMPROVED RETURN ON INVESTMENT-
Available government and tax incentives • No-Cost technical support to assess needs of newly hired • On-the-Job funding that offsets the cost of training candidates • Access to no-cost training on disability employment laws • Improve productivity and moral • Enhance diversity and inclusion initiatives • Lower turnover and increased retention • Corporate personnel volunteer opportunities
EXCHANGE OF KNOWLEDGE
• On-going exchange of relevant information
"I Can Work" DOR California
National Organization on Disability It’s ability, not disability that counts. A non-profit organization focuses on increasing employment opportunities for the 79 percent of working-age Americans with disabilities who are not employed.
disABLEDperson Job Board for people with disabilities working closely with disability organizations and State Vocational Rehabilitation Department from all across the U.S.
Disability Benefits 101
Talent Knows No Limits
DOR California Talent Acquisition Portal(TAP) TAP is an online system which includes both a national talent pool of Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) candidates and businesses looking to hire individuals with disabilities.
WINDMILLS Trainings WINDMILLS is a 27 year program that provides employer and staff trainings that address attitudes and misconceptions. The non-profit program is California grant managed by Friends of Californians With Disabilities, Inc.
Job Accommodation Network